Your thyroid and adrenal glands are responsible for producing several important hormones in your body that aid in regulating vital systems like your metabolism, growth and development, and stress responses.
When your adrenal glands are unable to produce adequate quantities of hormones, hormone levels throughout your body can decline which can lead to symptoms including:
- A weakened immune system
- High levels of exhaustion
- Extreme difficulty waking up
- Low sex drive
- Poor circulation
In the case of your thyroid, the hormonal imbalance can be the result of too much hormone production (hyperthyroidism) or too little hormone production (hypothyroidism) hormone being produced. There are other conditions like Hashimoto's and Grave's Disease associated with the thyroid as well. A thyroid condition can lead to:
- Slowed (hypo) or high (hyper) metabolism
- Weight gain (hypo) or weight loss (hyper)
- Frequent (hypo) or scant (hyper) periods
- Intolerance to cold (hypo) or heat sensitivity (hyper)
- Fatigue (hypo) or irritability/nervousness (hyper)
If you're feeling any combination of the above-listed symptoms, your very first step is to contact us to schedule a consultation. We can discuss your symptoms and review how Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help bring you back into balance and optimal wellness.