The 3 Best Anti-Ageing Skincare Treatments To Prevent And Reverse The Signs Of Ageing Skin
Healthy Skin Is An Important Part Of Ageing With Confidence.
When you look in the mirror, chances are one of the first things you notice is the appearance of your skin. This is the case for most people and especially for ageing women. Feeling good in your skin is an important part of how you show up in the world.Caring for your skin as you age is especially important for your self-confidence and overall wellbeing. Research has shown that feeling uncomfortable with the appearance of your skin due to signs of ageing and other conditions can affect your personal relationships and even promote social withdrawal. Therefore, investing in your skincare routine to ensure you feel confident and comfortable in your appearance is well worth your time and energy.
When you have healthy skin you are more likely to feel confident and like your best self.
What Causes The Skin To Show Signs Of Ageing?
As you get older, it is only natural to see changes in your skin. This happens for a variety of physiological, hormonal and environmental reasons. For example:
- Ageing skin experiences a decline in collagen production which reduces the skin's elasticity.
- Cellular repair naturally slows with age which means older, dull skin cells linger on the surface longer. It can also contribute to the often thin appearance of older skin.
- External factors like sun damage can cause "age spots" (areas of skin with a higher concentration of melanin) to form
- Environmental toxins can also contribute to visible signs of ageing on the skin by reducing collagen and causing inflammation.
- Your lifestyle affects the appearance and health of your skin. Factors like the quality of your sleep, your stress levels and your diet all have a role to play in maintaining healthy, youthful skin.
While these various factors may cause signs of age to appear in many different ways, fine lines, wrinkles, loss of volume and loose skin are among the most common signs of ageing that affect mature skin.
How Can You Support Healthy, Youthful Skin?
Ageing is a natural process and changes to your skin cannot be completely avoided. However, there are ways you can support the health and appearance of your ageing skin.
- Protect your skin from the sun by wearing high-quality sunscreen daily.
- Drink plenty of water. Hydration is an important part of cellular creation and repair and helps to maintain collagen.
- Eat a nutritious and varied diet. The vitamins and minerals obtained through food are the building blocks of healthy, radiant skin.
- Use toxin-free soaps, moisturizers and facial care products. The fewer chemicals you have on your skin, the better.
While these lifestyle choices will certainly help to prevent premature signs of ageing and help to maintain the overall health of your skin, reversing the signs of ageing can require a more active approach.
Anti-Ageing Skincare Treatments To Prevent And Reduce The Signs Of Ageing
If you have already started to notice the signs of ageing on your skin, don't worry. There is always time to act and support healthier more radiant skin. Taking care of your skin, lifestyle, nutrition and hydration are all helpful practices for healthy, youthful skin but sometimes you need to take a more active approach to see the results you are looking for. Fortunately, there are many non-surgical treatment options to help address different signs of ageing as they appear on maturing skin.
Mesotherapy is a minimally invasive skin treatment that rejuvenates, tightens and brightens your skin with micro-injections of vitamins, enzymes, antioxidants, and plant extracts. The formulation used on your skin will be created specifically to address your needs. Mesotherapy can help refresh and nourish your skin by:
- fading wrinkles and lines
- tightening loose skin
- lightening pigmented skin
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Treatments
PRP Therapy is an effective treatment option to address the signs of ageing. PRP treatments involve collecting 15 ml of your own blood, separating the platelets, and other beneficial growth factors from the whole blood and then injecting the highly concentrated platelets into the affected areas.
By stimulating your body's natural production of collagen and cellular repair, PRP facial rejuvenation helps to tighten, smooth and improve skin tone. It is a great treatment for acne scars, ageing spots, fine lines, sun-damaged skin, and under-eye rejuvenation.
NeuromodulatorsNeuromodulators are injectable drugs that relax and soften your skin by relaxing facial muscles from contracting. They are commonly used to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and to refresh and rejuvenate the face. Here at NP Optimal Health and Wellness, we have a variety of neuromodulators available including Botox, Dysport, Xeomin and Nuceiva. Of these, Dysport and Xeomin are known for yielding results more quickly than others - sometimes in as little as 3 days! They are safe, effective and a great option for addressing the signs of ageing.
Whether you invest in mesotherapy, PRP treatments or neuromodulators, there is a skincare treatment option available that will help you to slow or even reverse the signs of ageing on your skin.
Investing In Skin Care Is An Investment In Your Best Life.
How you feel about your skin affects how you feel about yourself in much bigger ways. Putting your best face forward increases your confidence and helps you to live a balanced and joyful life. Ageing skin is inevitable, however, ageing skin doesn't have to look old! With a good skincare routine, healthy lifestyle choices and the help of anti-ageing skincare treatments like mesotherapy, PRP and neuromodulators you can prevent and reduce the signs of ageing on your skin and present a fresh and rejuvenated face to the world. To learn more about anti-ageing skincare treatments here in Peterborough, contact the NP Optimal Health & Wellness clinic today.
|Tags:Skin CarePRPAgeing SkinMesotherapy|